HPDE Protection Plan benefits:
In all cases, proper documentation must be provided along with a completed claim form within 14 days of event date.
- An "official" electronic rain gauge will be on-site at all events in the paddock to determine the coverage levels outlined below. In the event of a malfunction, damage or tampering with the rain gauge, data from the nearest National Weather Service station will be used to determine weather coverage eligibility.
- A $50 credit will be provided if .10" to .25" of rain is measured on the official rain gauge during hot track hours.
- A credit of 50% of your original registration amount paid will be provided if more than .25" of rain is measured on the official rain gauge during hot track hours.
- A credit of 50% of your original registration amount paid is provided if lightning causes a track closure for more than a 1 hour cumulative total in a single day (not including any adjustment of lunch breaks to avoid impacting on-track sessions, and regardless of which run groups were impacted).
- NO coverage is provided should extreme weather circumstances or Acts of God occur that cause substantial delays or cancellation of an event such as tornadoes or other "circumstances beyond our control" as defined in the Refund, Purchasing and Cancellation Policy even if those situations are combined with weather conditions that would otherwise be covered.
Mechanical issues prior to event:
If documented on letterhead from a third-party, licensed automotive technician or shop that provides automotive repair services as a primary line of business:
- Canceled more than 7 days prior to event date = 100% AutoInterests store credit issued
- Canceled within 7 days of event date = 75% AutoInterests store credit issued
If NOT documented by a third-party technician or shop as outlined above:
- Canceled more than 7 days prior to event date = 50% AutoInterests store credit issued
- Canceled within 7 days of event date = 25% AutoInterests store credit issued
Mechanical issues at the track:
- Must report to, and be confirmed and documented by AutoInterests tech inspector on-site
- If before lunch = 50% AutoInterests store credit issued
- If after lunch = 25% AutoInterests store credit issued
Personal injury resulting in inability to participate:
- Must provide doctor's note with the effective date of disqualifying event
- 100% AutoInterests store credit issued
Sickness resulting in inability to participate:
- If undocumented by a medical professional, a maximum of $50 AutoInterests store credit issued
- If documented by a medical professional with the effective date of disqualifying sickness, 100% AutoInterests store credit issued
Death of immediate family member:
- Must provide documentation and/or link to obituary
- 100% AutoInterests store credit issued
Only covered for:
- Sickness or personal injury if documented by a medical professional with the effective date of disqualifying sickness, 100% AutoInterests store credit issued
- Death of immediate family member documented with an obituary
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Credits eligible to be received under an HPDE Protection Plan are NOT automatically issued. In all cases, proper documentation must be provided along with a completed claim form within 14 days of event date. It is the driver's responsibility to file a claim form in a timely manner in order to receive the benefits of an HPDE Protection Plan. All claims received past the 14 day deadline will be denied.
No credits will be issued for any circumstances that do not specifically provide for coverage as defined above.
Any credits issued that are based on a percentage of registration fees paid are less any coupons/discounts and pro-rated to a per-day rate for multi-day registrations.
In ALL cases, any benefits provided by approved claims under HPDE Protection Plans are in the form of AutoInterests store credits ONLY and are NEVER "cash" refunds of any kind (including credits to credit card accounts or the issuance of bank checks).
HPDE Protection Plan terms only supersede the AutoInterests Purchasing and Refund Policy where specifically indicated, all remaining terms of the AutoInterests Purchasing and Refund Policy remain in full effect.
AutoInterests will act in good faith using available data sources to determine eligibility of benefits under HPDE Protection Plans, however AutoInterests retains the sole and exclusive rights to determine eligibility of benefits under HPDE Protection Plans and is not obligated under any circumstances to be subjected to outside parties involvement in its determinations. There is no dispute process for claims under the HPDE Protection Plan program. All determinations of eligibility of benefits made by AutoInterests are final, binding and no reconsideration will be made. By purchasing an HPDE Protection Plan you agree to all terms and conditions listed herein and waive all rights to legal remedies, arbitration or other outside dispute resolution.
The purchase of HPDE Protection Plans are strictly non-refundable, non-transferable, may not be applied to alternate dates/events and only provide benefits to the original purchaser. If a driver cancels or fails to attend an event for which an HPDE Protection Plan was purchased and chooses to use proceeds from approved benefits to sign up for an alternate event, no coverage applies to the alternate event unless an additional HPDE Protection Plan is purchased.
HPDE Protection Plans can be purchased at time of event registration OR can be purchased separately.
ALL HPDE PROTECTION PLANS MUST BE PURCHASED AT LEAST 30 DAYS PRIOR TO EVENT DATE TO BE VALID!
Additional detailed terms and conditions will apply and will be released over the coming weeks as the full details of the HPDE Protection Plan program is finalized.
AutoInterests HPDE Protection Plan terms and conditions are subject to change at any time without notice.