Our policy for additional drivers is listed below. Please review the policy before registering as an additional driver.
If you are sharing a car in the SAME run group, you may register as an additional driver here.
Additional Driver - sharing car in a DIFFERENT run group
Drivers may share a vehicle in separate run groups.
Each driver needs to register for the event as normal.
Please be aware that car sharing with a First Timer or Novice may result in missing an Intermediate/Advanced session, and/or at least one First Timer/Novice car control session. Please inform your instructor and the classroom director if you are a First Timer/Novice who is sharing a vehicle with an Intermediate or Advanced driver.
Additional Driver - sharing car in the SAME run group
If you plan to share a car with a friend or family member and allow them to drive your car on track in the same run group you are registered in, an additional driver wristband must be purchased:
- Advanced registration is required for additional drivers, which can be completed online. A link will be provided here when online registration is available.
- An additional driver is $49 per day and MUST register online in advance.
- The additional driver wristband does qualify as a passenger wristband as well, subject to the passenger policy above.
- All additional drivers must attend all mandatory driver's meetings including the one held before the track goes hot each morning of an event.
Additional drivers MUST HAVE APPROPRIATE DRIVING EXPERIENCE and have been approved for the run group they are "sharing" with the primary registered driver.
- If their experience/skill level does not match yours, an additional entry must be purchased in the appropriate run group for their skill level.
- Any driver determined not to be in the appropriate run group is subject to removal or reassignment. There are no refunds available if an additional driver does not meet the requirements of the shared run group and is disqualified from driving. We will credit the additional driver wristband fee toward the purchase of an entry in the appropriate run group (subject to availability) if deemed appropriate and desired by the driver.
FIRST-TIMER & NOVICE RESTRICTIONS:
FIRST-TIMERS may not share a car within the same day.
- First-time drivers must fully participate in the entire day of the instruction/coaching program in order to gain key driving skills and ensure a safe experience.
- However, first-timers MAY sign up for a 2-day event and each drive one day. If opting for this choice, please FIRST email email@example.com so that we can assist you in getting the 2-day rate since each driver must register separately.
NOVICES with at least 5 days of driving (at the track they are looking to sign up for) may share a car with another driver of the same experience level within the same day.
- Novices who elect to share their track time with another driver should realize they will not gain the full benefit of the instruction program.
- It is recommended that two novices who plan to share a car sign up for a 2-day event and each drive one day rather than alternate sessions within the same day. If opting for this choice, please FIRST email firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can assist you in getting the 2-day rate since each driver must register separately.