Your privacy is important to us. At AutoInterests we have a few fundamental principles:
- We don’t require personal information beyond what is truly needed.
- Given the nature of our events, we may request additional personal information to better protect participants and provide better service.
- We don’t share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our products, protect our rights, or take action in an emergency situation.
- We don't directly store your financial information. Payment card and similar information is "tokenized" and securely stored with our payment processing financial institution from the moment you submit it through our site.
Like most website operators, AutoInterests collects information that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. AutoInterests’ purpose in collecting this type of non-personally identifying information is to better understand how AutoInterests’ visitors use its website. From time to time, AutoInterests may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
AutoInterests also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on its website. AutoInterests only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below, except that commenter IP addresses are visible and disclosed to the administrators of the website where the comment was left.
AutoInterests may collect aggregated statistics about visitors to its websites. AutoInterests may display this information publicly or provide it to others that is has business relationships with. However, AutoInterests does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to AutoInterests’ websites choose to interact with AutoInterests in ways that require AutoInterests to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that AutoInterests gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. Those who engage in purchases and event registrations with AutoInterests are asked to provide detailed information, including personal and financial information required to process transactions and execute events.
Information collected electronically during an event through "tech inspection", "check-in" and other processes, is input and stored through our website. Even though you did not directly enter this information, when you supply it to our staff, it is being recorded in our web-based electronic systems.
Usage/Disclosure of Personally-Identifying Information
AutoInterests discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on AutoInterests’ behalf or to provide services on behalf of AutoInterests that our customers purchase or request, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country. By using AutoInterests’ websites and services, you consent to the transfer of such information to theses third parties to support the delivery of AutoInterests' products and services. AutoInterests will not rent or sell personally-identifying information to anyone.
Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, AutoInterests discloses personal information generally only in response to a subpoena or court order. The exception to this is when AutoInterests believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary in emergency situations as described below.
Given the nature of its events, AutoInterests may disclose personal information in emergency situations. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Providing emergency contacts with health information in the event of a participant injury or incident
- Providing emergency personnel with known health information, emergency contacts, or similar
- Disclosing your home address or contact information to emergency responders or healthcare providers
- Providing vehicle details, driver history and similar information to investigators, incident managers or emergency responders
The disclosure of personal information in emergency situations will be done at our discretion, in good faith, to protect the health and well-being of participants in our programs.
Protection of Information and Systems
AutoInterests engages in best-practice measures to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of information it houses.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Housing its hosting infrastructure in SSAE SOC certified datacenters
- Advanced stateful firewalling systems
- Intrusion detection systems
- Regular patching and updates
- Routine backups
- Training staff in information handling and security procedures
- Role-based permissions and "minimum necessary" access procedures
AutoInterests does not provide access to its web properties to third party advertising services. However, AutoInterests may directly display advertisements on behalf of its partners. This does not provide any personal information directly to our partners.
If you are a registered user of an AutoInterests website and have supplied your email address, AutoInterests may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, share material on behalf of partners, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with AutoInterests and our products. You have the ability to opt-out of these types of "newsletter" e-mailings via your profile settings.