Spec Panther is a racing series formed by AutoInterests, LLC. Its name is derived from the Ford “Panther” platform that the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Grand Marquis and Lincoln Town Car were built on. This series has no affiliation with Ford Motor Company or any of its subsidiaries – it retains ownership of the respective trademarks for the naming of its vehicles/models.
AutoInterests, LLC has operated a high performance driving school program in the Midwest United States for more than 10 years and introduced Spec Panther as its first competitive race series in 2020. Currently the races are conducted as time trial events in separate run groups within the AutoInterests HPDE schedule.
Spec Panther aims to be a very affordable, accessible and fun form of racing. The cars are generally inexpensive to obtain and the series rules do not require (or allow) significant, costly modifications. In addition, Spec Panther aims to encourage driver skill development via the AutoInterests HPDE program. Initially, drivers and teams will be formed by invitation and must have gone through the AutoInterests HPDE program (or have compatible relevant experience).
Team & Racer Fees
- One car per team
- Annual team registration cost of $60
- $15 annual licensing fee
- Must be an Instructor or approved Advanced/Intermediate driver
- Will receive hard card Spec Panther Series license
FREE for Senior or higher level instructors
FREE for those already registered for HPDE that day (including Level 1-5 instructors)
Otherwise, $100/race per team - includes all drivers but can only drive during Spec Panther sessions
FRIDAY MAY 14th at Nelson Ledges Road Course
Spec Panther Competition School with Tommy Byrne!
Open to all Intermediate and Advanced drivers that are interested in Spec Panther and want to learn competitive rules of engagement.
Is it required?
- REQUIRED for all Intermediate drivers that wish to compete in Spec Panther
- REQUIRED for anybody that has no competitive experience or has never held a competition license of any kind
- Optional, but RECOMMENDED for Advanced or higher that have competition licenses from other organizations
Cost & Schedule
- $285 fee for the day
- First half of the day will be classroom and track walk/simulation instruction
- Second half of the day will be drills with at least 1 hour of test and tune open track time
- All drivers who pass will receive a hard card Spec Panther Competition License at the end of the day